I love this healthy Kale Fattoush with Lemon-Tahini Dressing. It’s an easy and light dinner option – great for this time of year!
It’s getting warmer here in Wisconsin (sort of) and therefore I’m getting in the mood to make some lighter fare for dinner. This Fattoush salad fits the bill, it’s an awesome, easy, and healthy dinner choice – perfect for the family.
Fattoush is a Middle Eastern bread salad with toasted or fried pita bread or naan. It’s incredibly easy to make and assemble. Vegetables used in this recipe typically include tomato, greens, cucumber, and onion.
This salad will take minutes to whip up. Just toast your pre-made pita bread or naan in the oven and toss it into your salad. Or if you’re feeling slightly more daring, you could make your own, homemade pita bread. I love this recipe from Serious Eats.
The dressing is a wonderful addition to this recipe, and is also easy to make. With just six ingredients: lemon, tahini, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, it’s the perfect pairing!
Enjoy this light, refreshing spring dinner recipe for your next weekday meal.
- 2 pita roundstorn into 1 inch pieces
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1head green kaleends removed; roughly chopped
- 1/2cup cherry tomatoessliced
- 1/2cup red onionsliced thinly
- 1/2cup cucumbersliced thinly
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix olive oil and pita pieces until evenly coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- Assemble salad ingredients. Top with toasted pita bread and drizzle with dressing.