This Roasted Cauliflower with Pistachio Pesto is an amazing side dish, appetizer, or snack that is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make.
I used to hate cauliflower. I wasn’t a picky eater as a child by any means, but there were certain foods that I would shy away from. A few years ago, I decided to give it another go. I roasted the vegetable in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Oh. My. God. I fell in love.
Over the last few years, everyone is on a big cauliflower kick, using it for gluten free purposes. I haven’t yet tried it in a pizza crust, but I think I need to give that one a shot; I’ve heard great things.
I also love pesto, and I love switching up the flavors in my homemade pesto. This one is a traditional pesto; however, I replaced the pine nuts with pistachios.
This recipe is incredibly simple and a great way to introduce vegetables to those picky eaters! Simply roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and paired with a delicious and easy to make pistachio pesto, this is a great side dish or appetizer the whole family can enjoy!
- 1 large head cauliflowercut into florets
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1cup basil leaves
- 1/4cup pistachiosshelled
- 2tabelspoons parmesangrated
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a bowl add cauliflower, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix with hands until oil is covering cauliflower and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes until visibly browned.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients for pesto except olive oil. Pulse until mixed, then with the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Pulse until completely incorporated.
- Toss pistachio pesto with roasted cauliflower