I am obsessed with these Roasted Root Chips with Spicy Tahini-Yogurt Dip. They are just as addicting as a bag of potato chips, but a whole lot healthier!
I remember when I was in high school my mom would occasionally by terra chips, a potato and vegetable chip product. They mainly consisted of sweet potatoes, beets, taro, yuca, and turnip chips. I remember eating those constantly and loving them. I knew I needed to make them on my own, homemade!
My roasted root chips consist of sliced sweet potoates, red beets, and turnips. They are incredibly simple to make and very good for you. The spicy tahini-yogurt dip acts as an incredibly addicting compliment to these root chips.
These gluten free goodies can be enjoyed as a side to sandwiches, an appetizer, or packed in weekday lunches!
- 1cup red beetsskin removed, sliced thinly
- 1cup turnipsskin removed, sliced thinly
- 1cup sweet potatosliced thinly
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- spicy yogurt-tahini dip
- 1/2cup greek yogurtpreferably whole milk
- 1/4cup tahini
- 2tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- Preheat convection oven to 425
- In a ziplock bag, add beets, turnips, sweet potato, olive oil, salt and pepper. Close bag and mix until oil is evenly distributed.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet, making sure each chip is not overlapping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until visibly browned.
- To make tahini-yogurt dip, add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.