Fruit and vegetable juices are not only a refreshing drink but also an ideal source of natural vitamins and minerals for your body every day. In your opinion, how many types of juicers? If you answered that they have 2 types: Centrifugal and Masticating juicer, then you are not really a person who knows much about juicer.
In fact, just the Masticating juicer line – the type of machine that is loved by housewives today – is divided into 2 different types of machines including Vertical and Horizontal Masticating Juicer with the certain different use and efficiency. Today’s article will discuss about Vertical vs Horizontal Masticating Juicer – Which is Better?
Benefits of masticating juicers and fruit juice with health
The fruit is very good for health. Since ancient times people have cultivated fruits to harvest alongside food crops. Today fruits are becoming the main food because they are both good and safe. We can list thousands of benefits when eating fruit.
Instead of eating the usual way we invented a juicer to get juice from fruits. The method of extracting water helps us take the most benefits of this type of drink.
- Fruit juice provides a lot of energy
- Help to detox
- Increase longevity, anti-aging
- Effective weight loss
- Skin beauty
- Good for the digestive system
The Masticating Juicer has a completely different structure than the conventional juicer, using centrifugal force and a small-sized cutter to separate the juice from the fruit. The operation of the slow juicer is to use an auger and pressure to squeeze the fruit at a slow speed so it does not generate heat and large friction thus preserving the maximum nutrition in the juice.
In terms of design, the slow juicer is placed on the scale compared to the centrifugal juicer. The structure of Masticating Juicer is simpler, the hygiene stage is more convenient for users. Thus, the maintenance of a slow juicer has become simpler. Not only that, but it also improves the big noise drawback from the centrifugal motor of the fast juicer.
With the centrifugal juicer machine, the content of vitamins and nutrients is broken down so it is easy to oxidize when meeting the air, causing the juice to change color and split water. Therefore, the time to use the juice must be faster if you do not want to enjoy the juice with changes in taste and quality. A masticating juicer can completely fix that.
Horizontal Masticating Juicer
This juicer uses the pressure of a special auger and a deceleration motor (velocity only about 45 – 85 revolutions/minute) to slowly crush fruits, veggies, and push materials into the strainer but not produce any friction or centrifugal force that compromises to the quality of the juice.
Then, it will push the pulp out, separate the pulp from the juice so that the juice can naturally flow out through the mesh. Horizontal Masticating Juicer can be considered as a “precursor” to all types of slow juices that are popular on the market today.
- The horizontal juicer is especially ideal for pressing leafy vegetables kale and spinach or special foods like wheatgrass. With the Horizontal Single Auger, you do not need to chop vegetables before putting them in the juicer.
- The auger has no edge, is smooth and easy to disassemble, and clean. It also makes the material less get clogged, causing blockage of the squeeze tube.
- High productivity, can process large amounts of ingredients continuously. The juice does not foam.
- Juice less affected by oxidation should be better-preserved nutrients so that it can be stored for use within 72 hours without compromising the nutritional content.
- The mouth of the food plunger is usually quite small, with large fruits and vegetables, you need to spend a lot of time to shred the food before you put it in the juicer.
- The time to juice food is relatively slow, it will take a lot of time if you need to juice fruits and veggies in large quantities.
- It may not be possible to filter the pulp thoroughly when juicing fruits, soft fruits, making the juice somewhat thick, difficult to drink. At this point, you will need to use a sieve again to make the juice cleaner.
- The price is usually very expensive. Machine size is relatively bulky, space required to place and store.
You should buy this product if you are a fan of juice from leafy vegetables because the Horizontal Masticating Juicer can easily juice leafy vegetables without worrying about clogging vegetable pulp at each press. In addition, the machine is easy to disassemble and easy to clean.
Vertical Masticating Juicer
The vertical masticating juicer is an improvement from the horizontal juicer. This type of juicer still inherits the advantages of the slow-pressure operation mechanism with an auger and slow-speed motor. The biggest difference of the vertical juicer is that the auger is erected vertically to create a neat, one-piece product design.
- The vertical masticating juicer is an Ideal juice machine for both fruits and vegetables. The slow-press operation mechanism helps retain nutrients in the juice better.
- The design is relatively neat, especially when compared to the horizontal juicer.
- The current price is relatively affordable.
- The vertical shaft pipe requires cutting food, especially for high fiber foods such as celery or leafy vegetables … before putting them in for pressing because otherwise, they are easy to cause a blockage.
- Productivity is only average because of the slow pressing speed.
- Do not filter the residue thoroughly with soft fruits such as tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries … If used to squeeze leafy vegetables, it can still create air bubbles.
You should buy this product if you are interested in drinking juices mixed with vegetables and fruits. They have a relatively compact design, so they can be suitable for relatively small kitchen spaces.
The post provides you a lot of information about Vertical vs Horizontal Masticating Juicer – Which is Better?. Hopefully, you would choose the best masticating juicer for your family. Thank you for reading.